Attorney James (Jim) Rocchio’s tenure as a “Big 8” Certified Public Accountant gives him the added capability to prepare all corporate, partnership, individual, gift, estate, trust, and not-for-profit federal and state filings. He serves as outside general counsel for many privately held companies and advises them on a variety of business law needs, including commercial, corporate and tax matters.
Mr. Rocchio has deep expertise in the area of taxation. Over the course of his legal career, he has counseled corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individual clients on a wide range of tax matters. He also represents startup companies in structuring a business, locating capital and specializes in helping businesses build a strong foundation for future growth.
He has substantial experience with:
- Taxable and nontaxable acquisitions and dispositions
- Private equity and venture capital investing
- Debt and equity restructurings
- Planning for specialized corporate entities such as S corporations and regulated investment companies
- Planning and structuring public and private investment vehicles including the tax aspects of syndicated investments
- Outbound international investments including Russia and China
- Federal, state and local tax audits and controversies
A former adjunct law professor, Mr. Rocchio, gives frequent lectures and serves on group panels covering a broad range of tax-related topics, including the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and individual tax planning, and controversies with federal and local tax authorities.