Business advisors stress there are two professions every entrepreneur and start-up needs, a lawyer and an accountant. Paul Kavanaugh is both. He understands contracts, organizational structure, financing, leases, taxes, and intellectual property. He specializes in banking, healthcare, real estate and corporate law, which means he can handle all of a business’s legal needs.
In his more than 30 years of practicing law, he has helped businesses protect their financial and intellectual property, minimize risks and ultimately save money by avoiding litigation. He knows how to handle the difficult deals and understands when to be aggressive and when to hold back.
Kavanaugh helps health care organizations (dental, podiatry, hospitals, urgent care facilities, etc.) and other businesses at all levels, from start-ups to well established, mature companies. Most notably he was counsel for:
- The sale of one of various real estate projects, including a project valued in excess of $800 million dollars
- Sale of a major healthcare insurer worth $89 million
- Public offering of a $45 million Chinese manufacturing company.
- Acquisition of a hotel chain worth more than $40 million
Some of his representative transactions are:
- Managing the purchase of a building or the establishment of a property management company as well as latent property defects that were not readily discoverable
- Negotiating real estate and equipment leases
- Navigating regulations and compliance of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and the Stark Law compliance
- Handling the merger and/or acquisition of medical entities, manufacturing companies, and other businesses
- Resolving landlord and tenant disputes
- Preparing loan and lease documentation
- Counseling on personnel issues
- Representing secured lenders with loan defaults, workout and out-of-court restructuring, liquidations, collections, foreclosures, creditor rights and bankruptcy