Thomas (Tom) Strobl serves as outside general counsel to many privately held companies and advises them on all aspects of business law. His areas of expertise include commercial, corporate, real estate and tax matters.
He was a commercial lender for 13 years, while also pursuing his law degree at night. He then joined Plunkett & Cooney in 1979. He left as a partner and co-founded Strobl & Sharp, P.C. in 1989.
Recognized by the industry for his legal expertise, Mr. Strobl is also the leader of the firm’s business services practice group. He concentrates his practice on:
- Representing entities in a wide range of merger and acquisition, corporate finance, and private equity transactions.
- Advising a broad spectrum of purchasers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions involving primarily private companies.
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers in complex financing structures, including secured loans, secured and unsecured working capital lines, acquisition financings and real estate loans.
- Coordinating succession, estate planning and tax planning for business owners.
- Providing counsel to boards of directors on corporate governance issues,
- Helping clients build effective compliance and regulatory programs
- Advising boards and management on crisis management issues.
Mr. Strobl is an active member and leader in local, state, and national bar associations. He also serves on the board of directors for the nonprofit Angels’ Place, which provides people-centered services, including homes and professional support, for adults with developmental disabilities.
He is a past director for the American Lung Association of Southeast Michigan and is a past director and chairman of the board of Trustees for De La Salle Collegiate.