Michigan attorney, William (Bill) Tripp, has been safeguarding the best interests of businesses for over 30 years. He is a true business partner and clients trust him with all aspects of their business from their formation to everyday decisions, real estate purchases to highly complex transactions as well as their succession and personal estate planning.
His experience spans startups (both public and private), family-owned businesses, franchises, middle-market companies, and multinational corporations. As a licensed real estate broker and lawyer, he is authorized to handle all aspects of any real estate deal and uniquely understands the complex issues of commercial real estate transactions.
Members of the bar have given him one of the highest industry ratings, AV Preeminent, because of his high ethical standards and professional ability.
Some of his representative transactions are:
- Assisting with business formation and the development of operating, partnership, subscription and shareholder agreements
- Negotiating real estate and equipment leases
- Handling the merger and/or acquisition of entities, manufacturing companies, and other businesses
- Counseling for estate planning, wills, joint, revocable, and irrevocable insurance trusts
- Creation of trusts for children and grandchildren with Crummey provisions, durable powers of attorney and living wills
- Structuring joint ventures
- Resolving landlord and tenant disputes
- Preparing loan and lease documentation
- Counseling on personnel issues
Mr. Tripp is a co-founder and board member of Mary’s Children Family Center of Michigan, a 501c(3) day program for adults with brain injuries who are beyond the stage of recovery and need ongoing intense rehabilitation. He also provides pro-bono services to the organization.
A long-time member of the Detroit Athletic Club (DAC), Mr. Tripp serves on the Athletic Committee, which oversees all aspects of the athletic department.